Why are we in line for this ride?

Monday, November 26, 2012

Thanksgiving is over, now waiting on Christmas

First, I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. We had a blast visiting my parents and relaxing for four days. Luckily my parents know about our first attempt at IVF so no worries surrounding "the question" all newlyweds are asked after being married for a bit. Though, because it failed, I see, or maybe I just project it, a hint of pity. I will take that instead of an awkward conversation of if we want kids and then seeing the pity look.

IVF was pretty easy for us to do. Shots were easy, my hormones were always in check, though my body regularity when it comes to that "time of the month" decided to mess with me this time around. Of course it came right after stopping all of the drugs, but unlike the first time, which I never made it to a second cycle since I jumped right into the FET, "the friends" as we like to call them, never showed up. As a woman trying to get pregnant, this was exciting. Hope filled me with thoughts of being pregnant once again, laughing at the money already spent and being able to be pregnant naturally. Every day for the 7 days I was late I took a pregnancy test. And of course, no second line.

Logically I knew I wasn't pregnant and I was just a little off from the FET, but what is life if you don't have a bit of hope. Well, Thanksgiving came and so did "the friends". Good news is we can finally start to really try naturally. I am stocked up on ovluation sticks (I think I should have bought stock in ClearBlue Easy a while ago) and ready to go. Who knows, maybe we will have a christmas surprise this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment