Why are we in line for this ride?

Sunday, December 9, 2012

The drinking/non-drinking game

In the past during the TWW, I didn't think much about having a glass of wine if the mood struck me (except during IVF). Because of this, I never had those stares signaling they knew what was up. This time is different. I wanted to abstain during the TWW, both for the best chance of this month being THE month, and to help reduce the extra calories (yes I know, selfish but we do have a cruise coming up). Here has been the reactions from friends:

Wife of the Year Award: After ordering a water at a bar known for their beers, our friend smiles at me as if he knows something. It doesn't help that just two weeks before we met for dinner and I ordered just a water. He didn't see the beer I drank at the bar before that. My response: to smile back and say "it's my husbands turn to have a few tonight". Seemed like a wife of the year award to me!!

Food Won: While visiting friends out of state (and who always enjoy a few drinks with) I proclaimed I ate myself silly at dinner and could not fit anything else, even in the liquid form, in my stomach. Luckily my stepdaughter agreed with me so she wasn't suspicious this time but I did have to hear from my loving friends "what are you 80?" I wanted to respond " well, no I'm not, just trying to give my body the best chance to impregnate itself after 12 months of trying". Though, this response would put quite an awkward cloud over the evening.

Only about 10 more days to go. Avoiding social situations may not be possible so time for more "excuses". Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment