Why are we in line for this ride?

Thursday, December 13, 2012

It must be a sign!

I have been whispering this to myself all week. Who am I kidding, 12 months worth of whispers and I believe them everytime! Here are few:

I am so tired - That must be a sign of being pregnant, it is written everywhere. Even before that little egg implants, it is affecting you, right?

Cramps, wait no, is that a twinge or a cramp? - I swear, I have never been so aware of cramps in my life. AF never caused much disturbance in my life, but now that I am TTC, I swear every pinch or pull I feel has to be a baby growing.

Boy, what do I smell? - I have a weird sense of smell, some things seem to be overpowering when they aren't for my husband and other times, I can't smell at all. Though in these two weeks waiting to see if I am magically pregnant, anytime a smell bothers me, I swear it is morning sickness starting.

That milk just made my throat burn - Must be a sign right? Why would milk hurt my throat, just out of the blue. Is it reflux, is it my body changing overnight? Must be a sign of something!

All of these are a sign that I am neurotic during these two weeks waiting. Maybe if I actually believed the 5% chance we have to conceive naturally was real, then I wouldn't worry so much about every sign. The odds are stacked against us and I am alright with that. I like a challenge, small, medium, large, I like them all. So bring it 5%, I challenge you to break me down!

No comments:

Post a Comment