Why are we in line for this ride?

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

HS...what?!?!

Today I headed in for my second HSG as a last ditch effort to see if my tube was still blocked prior to having laparoscopic surgery. Lets start at the beginning real quick. I made sure I was the first one to arrive since they do group HSG's and it is first come first serve. Off I go and I inform the resident of my lovely experience last time. Thank goodness that I did, the radiologist stayed by my side until they were done prepping. After a few cramps I hear the words I never thought I would hear (spillage on the left, spillage on the right)!!!

I almost jumped off that table to do a happy dance though that would have been a bit weird seeing that I still had a catheter in. It was confirmed, both tubes were nice and clear! They did mention there was a lateral object at the end of my uterus but said either a saline sonogram or the hysteroscopy that a doctor back in December seemed to suggest as an option before spending money on IVF this summer, should be done to look at it. I will have to hope that was a fluke seeing that a doctor last summer described my uterus as "beautiful"! Can't beat that.

So that is my good news for the week. So grateful for the results!

No comments:

Post a Comment