Why are we in line for this ride?

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Summer plans

Crazy right? Thinking about the summer already but when going through IVF you tend to think months ahead when planning trips. We already know that we will be doing the next round of IVF sometime in June/July so thinking about work commitments, vacations, concerts, etc. is necessary in order to not be away during key dates.

What is hard about this is I have no idea when we are starting or how long it will take. I don't receive my baseline date until sometime in May but we are Type A, so we plan. And plan and plan some more.

And the kicker in this planning is the secret that we are doing IVF again, especially from a special someone, my stepdaughter.

Let me tell you, this girl is wonderful. She is every bit of a 16 year old teenager but better. She welcomed me with open arms into her family and never looked back. She knows we want to have children and being the only child, she has her reservations about it. She has noticed when I am not drinking and she will ask about it but we have not told her anything about the lengths we have gone to try to have a baby.

She travels from out of state to come see us often and especially in the summer. She was here last year when I was doing shots and I was able to hide it pretty well in a corner in the basement (yes I know, not the most warm spot to be poking myself!). This year, we have to hide it again.

Our plan is to do IVF for the next 12 months (remember, where we go they only do it 4x/year) and after that, we are done. Our military insurance will run out since my husband is retiring and I am sure our emotions will be drained as well.

So fingers crossed for a quick BFP this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment