Why are we in line for this ride?

Friday, March 8, 2013

A baby named Cooper

So we have all done it during this TTC journey, thought of baby names. If you have gone through IVF, the reality of having a baby has been even closer and probably spurred you to think harder about picking a name. Or you could be like many ladies out there that had their baby's name chosen around the wise age of 12 along with the type of wedding and the age that each would occur (married at 22, kids at 25 because I don't want to be an "old" mom).

Yep, some of that is what I did (minus names and types of weddings, but I did have "age" deadlines for each though). My husband and I have decided on a few key names we would like to use if we are blessed enough to have children. However, in my dream last night a funny thing happened, a new name came into play (or tried to at least).

My dream was very clear that I remembered it immediately as I woke. I was just finding out through an ultrasound that I was indeed pregnant and did it all on my own (no IVF). While high-fiving my husband and my dad, I said "This is like the best coupon ever!"

Coupon?!?!? Yes, a coupon, here is a bit of a backstory on why this is funny.

I love coupons, my dad loves them, we were all brought up on coupons. If we did anything growing up, there better be a coupon to go along with it. Any money saved from the coupon, my dad would pull out of my parent's account and drop it into a savings accoung nicknamed "Coupon account". As much as I teased my dad growing up, this account grew and grew and helped paid for vacations, my sister's wedding and a car for me. Heck, coupons rock right?!?

Back to my dream...

As I exclaimed my comparison of conceiving without intervention to savings with a coupon, I decided that my child should be named Cooper. Get it? Cooper, coupon.

I told my husband this story and he laughed. One, because I am dreaming about being pregnant (which is not uncommon since it is ALWAYS on my mind) and two, because I actually want to name my kid after coupons. Granted, he did say if we got pregnant with a frostie we need to include Van or Ice into the name as an homage to Vanilla Ice.

I'm not the only quirky one in this relationship!

No comments:

Post a Comment