Why are we in line for this ride?

Monday, March 11, 2013

No more health issues

That is right! I think infertility is enough for now. I went for my 6 month checkup at my dermatologist today and boom, she wanted to biopsy a freckle/mole. I say freckle because it was small, really small and I don't even think it was raised. But she spotted it (among all of my other freckles on my leg) and said it looked odd.

ODD!!!!!

Yes, I wanted to scream that and I am sure my voice raised a notch at that moment. See, I went in a few months before my wedding in 2011 for a spot that seemed odd and it came back as Basal Cell Carcinoma. All of my years as swimmer and avid tanning bed lover has come back to bite me in the butt. I have accepted that and in doing so, I have become vigilant in wearing sunscreen and going every 6 months for skin checks.

I had one mole I wanted her to look at and as she did, she said it looked benign (sigh of relief), I had no plans for her to find something else.

Now, it may be nothing, I will know in about a week or two (why is everything a two week wait!). Fingers crossed it is nothing more than Basal Cell if anything. If it was Melanoma, as long as it is caught early it seems as though it is "no big deal". Oy! I guess my "two week wait" monthly tradition just became longer!

No comments:

Post a Comment